Camping and Local Accomodations
Rustic camping is available on the Jones Farm along the Yadkin River. Camping fees are $25 (for the entire weekend per tent/camper–that’s Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights). $10 per night prior or after. Fee does not include admission. No electric or water hookups are available. Pets must be leashed and are limited to the campgrounds. No dogs are allowed within the performance area. Campers must carry out all trash. A very primitive outdoor hot water shower, designed and patented by Tony Jones, is available to the adventurous.
The gates for camping opens on Wednesday, August 29. The fee per night, in addition to the $25 weekend rate (Fri. Sat and Sunday), is $10 per night. Important! Someone must be on the grounds or have a designated person to monitor the site 24 hours a day. No tent, camper, etc. can be left unattended before and after the festival begins and ends.
Please follow these simple camping rules:
- Placement of tents or campers must be contained within the width of allotted space.
- Limit of two cars per camping spot. Have guest park in regular parking lot.
- Campfires are allowed only below lower fence on river unless contained in a fire stove.
- Speed limit of all vehicles within park is 10 mph.
- All campers must purchase daily admission tickets. Arm bands must be visible and will be MONITORED.
- This is a working farm. Please don’t give cows the habit. Dispose of cigarettes butts and filters in trash containers.
- Carry out all trash.
Pet Policy for Campers:
- Dogs must be kept leashed and in your camping area. Under no circumstances are allowed in the stage/audience area.
- LIABILITY: The Jones Family Farm and Happy Valley Fiddlers Convention are not responsible for any injury to a dog, or for any injury or damage caused by a dog. The owner of the dog shall be liable for all damages caused by their dog.
- HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFICATION: The owner of a dog brought to Happy Valley Fiddlers Convention shall save, indemnify and hold Happy Valley Fiddlers Convention, its directors, officers, and employees, harmless from any claim, damages (whether exemplary of punitive), court costs or demand whatsoever arising out of any property damage or injury caused by the dog.
- BARKING: Owners shall remove any dog that barks or otherwise disrupts the peace of Happy Valley.
- VACCINATIONS: All dogs brought to the Fiddler’s Grove facility must have record proof of current up to date rabies vaccinations.
- WASTE: Owners shall pick up animal waste if deposited in any area where people might camp or ambulate.
Use of generators: Given that campers are here to enjoy music and the solitude of the Yadkin River, the use of generators is restricted. A place in the lower bottom field will be designated for campers who want to run their generators during the DAY TIME. No generators will be allowed to operate between the hours of 5:00 PM and 8:00 AM. Generators must conform to National Park Service regulations pertaining to audio disturbances, which states that "motorized equipment” cannot exceed 60 decibels.